Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hello! Stranger!


I've been sewing little pocket books- sew much fun to make.  AND, it's been months since my last post.  I have lots to share (later).


Sticky notes and pockets for labels.


Small clear pockets for tags, stamps, stickers- whatever little things ya need to SEE.


Places to hold papers and post cards.


I was inspired to make these, after taking the class REMAINS OF THE DAY by Mary Ann Moss.  Playing on my sewing machine and putting thread to paper was amazing. I finally put together the two hobbies I adore- sewing and mail art.


Here's a letter going out to Karen.  


Lovely ladies for Dori.


Flowers for Jill, who I have owed a letter to since before Christmas (I'm working on my "write back" pile...I promise).
I hope everyone is having fun in the mail.  And, I hope that the sun is shining in your neck of the woods.
SPRING ROCKS!


12 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I'd love to take a class with her! cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's worth every penny. I'm still working on my ROD journal- I need to dig out all of my cool fabric that's buried in my basement.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you do! KSP has one headed her way, too. I'm having fun!!

      Delete
  3. amazing little books! and how exciting to know a letter is on its way to me! Spring does rock. It finally rolled into town on Monday, and only a tiny little remnant of snow clung to my driveway when I got home last night. So small I thought I might be a tissue. Slept with the window open for the first time last night. the cloud has lifted. the soul soars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness, huh? The SUN is OUT here, and it feels good.

      Delete
  4. What fabulous little books! I agree with you - if you can take MAM's classes - by all means do. I've taken them all so far and she is truly amazing! I'm so far behind with letters I think I'm first, however, I do think there may be one on the way to you. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so excited to hear from ya. Yes, MAM is amazing. I hope to take another one her classes this summer (saving my pennies). Miss ya. Can't wait for your letter.

      Delete
  5. I love your envelope books! I never thought about using a half envelope with its window as a see-through pocket--great feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I LOVE security envelopes- and the bills keep coming in, so my supply is always replenished...LOL

      Delete
  6. Wow! Ten fingers and two fists!

    IOU mail. Dividends coming your way soon.

    I always, always, always wonder but never ask. Why the bottles and no shot glasses? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book is amazing! I love it

    ReplyDelete