Thursday, October 25, 2012

Outgoing Mail


I've been having soooo much fun with mail art lately.  I think that Fall and all that it brings, really inspires me.


I carved the rubber stamp that you see on these envies- sure had fun with that project (I made it at midnight after the kids were fast asleep).


Inside that BIG skeleton envelope is a silly paper doll (see the 1st picture in this post...She is a Viking skeleton)- of course I sealed the whole thing up before photographing it first. I seem to do that a lot.  I guess it's because I'm SUPER excited to get these little peaches in the mail.


How about this CREEPY spider? Yuck, huh? It's a tape transfer, and it's taped over a picture of Donner Pass (eewwwww).

-I just love taking pictures of my mail in this rock bed-



See a theme?  Yup- I LOVE HALLOWEEN!  The "darker" the better.


I don't know what I'm going to do after October 31st- will it still be acceptable to play with spiders, pumpkins and skeletons after the Holiday?  Day Of The Dead buys me some time- yeah!

What Fall backdrop can you come up with to photograph your mail?

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! Hope there is one for me in there! xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Donna....do I ever owe you some GOOD MAIL. Thnank you for all the fun stuff that you've sent to me. Loven it.

      Delete
  2. those are fabulous. I think spiders and skulls are good year round. got your letter/envelope and I am finally writing you back after a billion months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait! Love me some KAREN in the mail....LOL!

      Delete